AMBER Science and Data Reduction JMMC Workshop (Grenoble, 21-22 Mar 2011)
First publication : 20 décembre 2010, publicated:
10 janvier 2011
New (24-Mar2011) : the twiki site with the material used at the worshop is available here (PDF presentations,..).
Sponsored by :
Table of contents :
Installation of AMBER software
List of participants
Financial support (closed)
Rationale : AMBER/VLTI has now been offered since October 2005 to the ESO community. In July 2010, the last version of the AMBER Data Reduction software has been released by the JMMC under the version amdlib v3. It brings significant improvements especially in the regime of low flux.
We would like to take the opportunity to present this new version of the AMBER data reduction software to gather the astronomers who have obtained AMBER data. This will be the occasion to learn more on how to reduce AMBER data, but also to publicize the various results and share our common experience on the instrument. This will also be the opportunity to share some information on the current status of the instrument. This workshop will last 2 days.
The participants are welcome to bring their laptop and their AMBER data. It will be possible to install the new AMBER software and benefit from the advices of the JMMC AMBER data reduction group during practical sessions to reduce their data.
Organizers : F. Malbet, AMBER Project Scientist, together with the JMMC AMBER data reduction working group
Venue : Institut de Planétologie et d’Astrophysique de Grenoble (Grenoble, France) from Monday 21 March 2011 at 9:00am to Tuesday 22 March 2011 at 17:00pm.
Practical information :
Hotels : see the list of hotels section on the IAUS243 web site. Contact Laurence Platel.
Food : see the restaurants and bars section on the IAUS243 web site.
Installation of AMBER software : You can bring your laptop and your AMBER data if you have some so that we can help you to start the data reduction process and more if possible.
In order to get prepared, please install the AMBER software (instructions at http://www.jmmc.fr/amberdrs). AMBER data reduction works best on MacOSX and Linux machine. If you do not have these type of machines, please contact us there are some solutions.
Preliminary Program :
Monday 21 March 2011
Tuesday 22 March 2011
||Welcome with coffee|
||Objectives of the meeting, organization of the workshop (F. Malbet)|
||AMBER at ESO Paranal (J.-P. Berger)|
||amdlib v3 core program tutorial (G. Duvert)|
||amd lib yorick interface tutorial (F. Millour)|
||Oral contribution : "AMBER obs of RS Cap : CO and water vapor in the atmosphere" (J. Marcaide)|
||Oral contribution : "1-D imaging of the dynamical atmosphere of the red supergiant Betelgeuse in the CO first overtone lines with VLTI/AMBER" (K. Ohnaka)|
||Oral contribution : "Spectral calibration and spectrum analysis with AMBER" (F. Patru)|
||End of session|
||Oral Contribution : "Infrared interferometry of C-stars : a tool to study the stellar
atmosphere and to constrain evolutionary models." (C. Paladini)|
||Oral contribution : "Dynamical modeling of disk around Be stars" (X. Hautbois)|
||Oral contribution : "Imaging with AMBER : available software, and new developments" (F. Millour)|
||AMBER data quality assessment from ESO Garching (I. Percheron)|
||Lit-Pro a sofware to perform model-fitting (G. Duvert)|
||Round table on future data reduction developments on AMBER data ; conclusion|
||End of workshop|
List of participants :
- Belen Arroyo (Univ. Valencia, Spain)
- Jean-Philippe Berger (ESO, Santiago, Chile)
- Laurent Bourgès (+) (IPAG, Grenoble, France)
- Alain Chelli (*) (IPAG, Grenoble, France)
- Pierre Cruzalèbes (OCA, Nice, France)
- Omar Delaa (o) (OCA, Nice, France)
- Gilles Duvert (*) (IPAG, Grenoble, France)
- Alexandre Gallenne (o) (LESIA, Meudo, France)
- James Gordon (o) (MRAO, Cambridge, UK)
- Rebekka Grellmann (o) (Univ. Munich, Germany)
- Xavier Haubois (o) (LESIA, Meudon, France)
- Daniela Klotz (o) (Univ. Wien, Austria)
- Jacques Kluska (IPAG, Grenoble, France)
- Sylvain Lafrasse (+) (IPAG, Grenoble, France)
- Roxanne Ligi (o) (OCA, Nice, France)
- Fabien Malbet (*) (IPAG, Grenoble, France)
- Jon Marcaide (Univ. Valencia, Spain)
- Alexis Matter (o) (MPIfR, Bonn, Germany)
- Florentin Millour (*) (OCA, Nice, France)
- Guillaume Mella (+) (IPAG, Grenoble, France)
- Miguel Montargès (o) (LESIA, Meudon, France)
- Keiichi Ohnaka (MPIfR, Bonn, Germany)
- Claudia Paladini (o) (Univ. Wien, Austria)
- Fabien Patru (ESO, Santiago, Chile)
- Isabelle Percheron (ESO, Garching, Germany)
- Romain Petrov (OCA, Nice, France)
- Alex Rea (o) (MRAO, Cambridge, UK)
- Dieter Schertl (MPIfR, Bonn, Germany)
- Philippe Stee (Fizeau, Nice, France)
- Martin Vannier (Fizeau, Nice, France)
(*) member of the JMMC AMBER data reduction working group
(+) Support staff from JMMC
(o) financial support.
Registration : Please send an email to F. Malbet before Friday 11 March 2011.
Contributed talks : all scientific contributions are welcome (oral talks or posters). Please send an email to F. Malbet before Friday 11 March 2011.
Financial support :
We have received limited support from JMMC, IPAG, ASHRA, the Fizeau program (EII/OPTICON FP7) so that we can help young researchers to participate to this workshop. Please send an email to F. Malbet
before Friday 11 February 2011. You will receive an answer before Friday 18 February 2011.
The support from the Fizeau program will be mainly travel support mainly to the participants who are not from the AMBER consortium institutes. Participants who wish to receive such a support will be asked to fill in the Fizeau form.
We plan to offer a buffet to all the participants for the Monday and Tuesday lunches.